Sausage rolls made with Mae's Maple Garlic Seasoning. Great for a appy night or breakfast with some eggs. Can also be used as a main entree just pair it with a salad and roasted potatoes.
- frying pan
- baking sheet
- 2 onions diced
- 2 - 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 1/2 head garlic minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 package bacon diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Mae's Seasonings Maple Garlic
- 1 package puff pastry
- Saute the onions, celery, green onions and garlic until browned, about 20 minutes; then add diced bacon; let cool down. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine ground pork, onion and bacon mixture, 1 egg, panko and Mae's Maple Garlic until well mixed together.
- Roll out 1 sheet of pastry into a nice rectangle. Usually the size of your cutting board. Cut this sheet in half allowing room for the meat. You will use half of the filling for 1 sheet of pastry.
- Place filling into a long log shape down the middle of both pieces. Ensure the meat is tight and compact.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Then roll up and brush tops with egg wash. Continue again with the next piece of pastry. You can cut them to whichever size you wish.
- Bake at 350 F for 30—35 minutes until lightly browned.
- You can also freeze these unbaked but allow more time in the oven. But first place them on cookie trays in the freezer than place them in freezer bags so they don’t stick together.