Deep fried fish made with Mae's Blackened Cajun. If there is any batter left you can also use it to make fries. And coleslaw and tartar sauce goes perfect with this.
- 1/2 cup cake and pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Mae's Seasonings Blackened Cajun
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 can Lager beer
- 4 - 6 white fish fillets cod or halibut
- 1/2 pkg lard tenderflake
- Mix together, flours, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, Mae's Cajun and garlic.
- Stir in beer. If too thick add abit of water. This mixture should be like pancake batter.
- Start melting the lard in cast iron. Once melted put it to medium - high heat.
- Pat fish down with some flour. Not a thick coating just a light dusting.
- Dredge fish in the fish batter and one piece at a time start placing them in the hot lard.
- Fry the fish until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
For more info on Mae's Seasonings Cajun Blackened: Click Here! Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram